the past, our history

Middle Ages the hydraulic power of the Forestay falls is exploited. Four mills are established between Chexbres and Lac Léman. The one located on this site belongs to the estate of the nearby Château de Glérolles which was built in the XIIth Century.

1420 First record in writing confirming the existence of a mill at the base of the waterfall. Until the XXth century numerous owners succeed each other at the mill without interruption.

1917 it is being purchased by the cooperative of Lausanne and Vevey under the name of « Minoterie coopérative du Léman à Rivaz » (MCL). From now on a new era of steady development and extensions profoundly changes the architecture of the site : building of large silos, demolition of the Roman bridge and construction of railway track connecting the mill with Rivaz station.

1970 MCL becomes « Minoterie Coop Rivaz » (MCR). Due to the lack of space at the base of the cascade new installations are built in Puidoux (from1975)

1998 association with the Stadtmühle CMZ Zürich under the new name Swissmill SA

2001 closure of the Rivaz site. For the mills of Rivaz this signifies the end of an uninterrupted industrial activity lasting over half a millennium.

2002 the Fondation des Moulins de Rivaz acquires the premises and plans a new purpose for the site

2004-2010 phase of demolition of the silos of the silos and various building followed by a conversion of the site

2010 opening of the LAVAUX VINORAMA (in May)

Families of growers-vintners have created the terrain of Lavaux over the centuries. Day after day these wine artisans work towards the quality of the final product. At Vinorama you will find the largest assortment of Lavaux wines.

A particular grape varietal will develop a specific character depending on the nature of the soil in which it is grown. Get an insight into the compositions of the 8 areas of production in Lavaux, thanks to our geoliths. Cross-sections of sub-surface soil, created by H. Detomasi. The principal grape varietals of Lavaux can be found growing on the site, alongside the South parking area.